Theatre de Jeunesse Announces Summer Production “Noises Off” by Michael Frayn
Summer, 2015. Theatre de Jeunesse, a local theatre arts organization for Mid-Ohio Valley high school and early college aged young adults, announces the opening of the Tony award nominated classic comedy Noises Off by Michael Frayn on July 10th at the Hermann Fine Arts Center at 500 Butler Street in Marietta. Act I of this hilarious comedy is set at the dress rehearsal of the stage show “Nothing’s On” where the cast of itinerant actors is hopelessly unready, and baffled by entrances and exits, missed cues, missed lines, and bothersome props, including several plates of sardines. In Act II the set rotates 180 degrees to show the backstage chaos ensuing during a Wednesday matinee highlighting the deteriorating relationships between the cast members that lead to offstage shenanigans and onstage bedlam. The play falls into disorder before the curtain falls. In the Act III final performance, we see that personal friction has continued to increase. The actors remain determined at all costs to cover up the mounting series of mishaps, but it is not long before the plot is abandoned entirely and the more coherent characters are obliged to take a lead in delightful ad-libbing somehow towards some sort of end.
Theater seating is wheelchair accessible. Sign language interpretation and assistive listening devices will be provided.
8:00 PM Friday and Saturday performances on July 10, 11, 17, 18
2:30 PM Sunday matinees on July 12 and 19
Sign language interpretation will be provided at the performance on July 18.
TICKET PRICES: $15 for adults, $12 for seniors 60 and above and students through college
OPENING NIGHT SPECIAL: On Friday, July 10 – Buy one ticket; get one ticket of equal or lesser value free.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, TO RESERVE SEATING (see seating chart), OR REQUEST SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS call the Box Office at 740-376-4678 or send an email to email@example.com. We are also on Facebook.
Box Office will be open at 5:00 PM before all evening performances, and at 11:30 AM before each Sunday matinee for dinner-and-a-show ticket pickup. Earlier pickup times can be arranged by calling the Box Office and leaving a message.
DINNER AND A SHOW SPECIALS: for a wonderful meal at a nice discount on the day of your performance, simply show your tickets at the following restaurants:
- Austyn’s – 10% off your entrée – 130 Front Street, Marietta – 740-374-8188
- Spats at the Blennerhassett Hotel – Reservation Required. 15% off all Entrees excluding alcohol and gratuity. Enjoy dinner before or after the show – 320 Market Street, Parkersburg – 304-422-3131 – http://theblennerhassett.com/food-drink/spats
- Columbo’s Restaurant – 15% off your meal excluding alcohol and gratuity. – 1236 7th Street, Parkersburg – (304) 428-5472 – http://www.colombosrest.com/
- da Vinci’s Restaurant – 10% off your meal excluding alcohol and gratuity. 215 Highland Avenue, Williamstown – 304- 375-3633 – http://www.villadavinci.com/
- Lafayette Gunroom – 10% off your meal excluding alcohol and gratuity – 101 Front Street, Marietta – 740- 373-5522 – http://www.lafayettehotel.com/dining/gun-room.htm
- The Levee House – Discount only valid on July 17, 18, and 19 – 10% off your meal excluding alcohol and gratuity – 127 Ohio Street, Marietta – 740- 374-8623 – http://www.theleveehousemarietta.com/
- Marietta Brewing Company – 15% off your entrée – 167 Front Street, Marietta – 740-373-2739 – http://mbcpub.com/
- Memories at the Marietta Holiday Inn – 15% off your meal from 5:00 pm-10:00 pm – 701 Pike Street, Marietta – 740-374-9660
- Tampico Mexican Restaurant – 15% off your entrée – 221 Second Street, Marietta – 740-374-8623 – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tampicos-Mexican-Restaurant/18250474510039
- Town House – 15% off your meal excluding alcohol and gratuity – 230 Front Street, Marietta – 740-374-5073 – https://www.facebook.com/townhousemarietta?rf=11340220535904
Thank you for patronizing these businesses that support the arts!!
“Sign Language Interpretation For The Stage” Workshop Invitation
Mid-Ohio Valley sign language interpreters are invited to attend a workshop entitled “Sign Language Interpretation For The Stage”. The workshop will be held on Saturday, July 18, 2015, at 1:00 PM on the campus of Marietta College at the Friedrich Theater in the Hermann Fine Arts Center, 500 Butler Street (corner of 4th and Butler Streets) in Marietta, Ohio.
The subject matter covered will be the differences between interpretation for the stage versus other types of events, and ASL Theatre Certification information. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for RID members who attend. Workshop presenters will be Janelle St. Martin and Brianna Butler who have a combined total of over 30 years experience in interpreting for stage productions.
There is no charge for the workshop and light snacks will be provided. Workshop attendees will be offered a complimentary ticket to attend the performance of the classic comedy Noises Off that evening to observe stage interpretation.
Registrations accepted through Wednesday, July 15, 2015. Please contact Linda Buchanan by phone at 304- 354-7506 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide the following information: Name, Address, Phone, Email, and Number of Years Experience in sign language interpretation.
This workshop is presented with financial assistance from Our Community’s Foundation.
Theatre de Jeunesse does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, mental or physical challenge, or national origin in its programs or policies.
Site by Frogtails